Sunday, December 21, 2008

Teacher Gifts

The Christmas rush is in full effect. We're trying to finish getting ready for Christmas and prepare for our trip to Indiana at the end of the week. Since the kids only have two days left at school before Christmas, I needed to hurry up and get the teacher gifts ready. Between the kids, there are five teachers plus a couple of former teachers that the kids are quite fond of.
The idea for the two items above comes from Sandi MacIver's blog and her Splitcoast Stampers posting. They are eight Hershey Nuggets wrapped in Designer Series Paper. They truly are a great way to use those small pieces of DSP that are left over from other projects. They are inexpensive gifts, but it's the thought that counts, right?!

The items above are an adaptation from Andrea Walford's blog. She made them to hold a gift card and some hot cocoa mix, but it has multiple applications. For one of my Secret Santa gifts, I had placed a big, flat chocolate bar in the pocket. I scaled Andrea's dimensions up for my purposes here. In this photo, these have a Target gift card and a small paperback book in the pocket. Shelli Gardner had mentioned on her blog that Richard Paul Evans was giving away copies of "The Christmas Box" (you paid postage). He's promoting a new book, I believe. Anyway, I took it as a great gift option for the kids' teachers. I think the presentation adds a lot, don't you?


No comments: